Wednesday 31 March 2010

EVALUATION Question 1.

1. My music video challenges the forms and conventions of popular music by not making my artists objects of desire for the audience to feast on, for example 'The Pussycat Dolls'. Instead I have chosen to advertise my artists in a slightly artistic, contempory fashion while still promoting the members of the band to the audience. I have done this by essentially splitting my music video into two parts, one being performance, and the other being a narrative/insight into the band members. The performance part allows the audience to see how they perform and play together as a band while the other parts attempt to establish a connection from the screen to the audience. For instance, there are shots showing members of the band in a cafe, drinking tea, or just sitting down having a laugh and a joke, this is meant to convey a sort of video diary and inform the audience that the band are not some "higher than heaven" superstars.

No comments:

Post a Comment