- Name: Blind Cat-Walks.
- Blind Cat-Walks is a four piece band hailing from a south-east London suburb consisting of a drummer, bassist, rhythm and lead guitarist. All members are between 18 and 19 years of age, all male and all mainly British with some foreign influences from older family.
- Their target audience is mainly the current generation but hope to appeal to anyone who takes the time to listen to them.
Members of Blind Cat-Walks come from the areas Welling, Bexleyheath, Belvedere and Sidcup all areas on the edge of South-East London and Kent. Blind Cat-Walks was created when three of the members who went to the same school decided to share each others musical interests together, and being that they could all loosely play their instruments, organised jamming sessions. A few months later looking to expand their music they hunted for a bassist and found one through a mutual friend. With the lineup complete, BCWs music started to become more and more refined and there was an obvious chemistry between the group.
Soon BCW started to try and get into the local gig circuit around their area playing pubs in Deptford, Lewisham, Swanley and even a pub in Sheperds Bush. Scraping money from the few gigs they were getting paid for BCW managed to afford a short recording session where they managed to lay down six tracks each song taking one attempt, creating the raw sound which would turn into a signature trait of theirs. These first six tracks became the bands debut EP 'Blind Cat-Walks' and earned them a small, but devoted following as copies travelled around the South-East of London. Then in early 2009, after playing a small gig consisting of only 8 people in a small pub Hackney BCW got their break. By pure chance a representative of Fearless Records was in London, not on business, and had come to the gig with a friend. He approached the band straight after the show however, stating he was blown away and wanted to fly the band away to California as soon as possible to sign them up and record some tracks.
As good as this sounded BCW were not to set on leaving their country so soon and would rather record on their own soil. Slightly taken a back the Fearless Records representative managed to give them a recording contract and organised a studio in London where they could begin work. Now, BCW have an album recorded entitled 'Star Slight' which will release after their first single of the same name.
Although they haven't been around for long, BCW have created something of a following mainly because of their energetic live performances. The buzz they create at shows has earned them respect all around the place as they have a total disregard for conventional shows. This attitude they have has proven that BCW is all about the music and are not very fussed about how they look, they keep it very casual with jeans and a top.
- BCW have a MySpace with downloads of their songs available, a FaceBook group and an official website that can be found through the Fearless Records website, also containing the bands songs.
- The lead singer of BCW will be appearing on the next series of BBC2's 'Never Mind The Buzzcocks' and the whole band will be performing on 'Later....With Jools Holland'
- Although not really wanting to target certain type of person BCW target audience will probably be teenagers through to adults in they're late twenties.
- The drummer of the band is thinking of designing the digipack of the bands album as he has a strong interest in art.