Friday 11 September 2009

The video below is of a song by Blur, titled 'There's No Other way', it was the bands first top 10 and 40 hit in the UK and was a minor hit in the US. I kinda got the wrong idea and instead of choosing a music video I particularly enjoy, I chose a song instead and I was pretty unfamiliar with the music video. After watching it a few times I can't say I was that impressed with it, it's a pretty basic video of the band playing in a room about ankle deep in water just grooving along. One aspect I did like about the video was the opening shot where the screen is kinda, submerged in water and I think Damon Albarn has his head dunked in the water so you can loosely see it. This shot is repeated a few times few the video and I think it's quite cool. Also, the whole video is shot with a sort of golden/yellow/orange tint to it, I don't know the name of the effect but I'm sure you'll know what I mean by watching the video.

Onto the negatives, I can't help but feel this music video makes the song drag a little, which isn't very good as beforehand I enjoyed the song. I think, it's just a bit boring and not original in the slightest however, I do have a music video I do enjoy to post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment